Why APAC banks are starting to double down on automation
Gresham's Director of Sales for APAC, Joel Jerome, relocated to Singapore in May 2021.
In part two of this interview covering his insights from the region, Joel explores the opportunities and challenges related to digitisation in APAC.
Interview Question Highlights:
- Why are back-office processes and technology taking so long to catch up?
- Automation has traditionally been less of a focus for the region due to lower headcount costs. Why are/should firms be focusing on this now?
- What are some of the major challenges/roadblocks firms face when it comes to digitisation - how can they overcome them?
- Gresham is partnering with a number of major firms across APAC. What has Joel learned from this and what are the common challenges that have been noticed?
- Plus, what other major priorities does Joel see APAC firms tackling in the next 12 months