89% of CDOs surveyed by WBR Insights are investing in data management over the next 2 years
London – 6 September 2018 - Gresham Technologies plc, the leading oftware and services company that specialises in providing real-time data integrity and control solutions, is delighted to announce the release of WBR Insights Regulation, Innovation, and Digitalisation survey.
In a survey sponsored by Gresham, WBR Insights surveyed 100 Chief Data Officers across Europe to find out the challenges they are facing as the financial sector grapples with a data revolution and increasingly complex regulatory environments.
Survey insights include:
- GDPR is the most complex regulation for over 69% of CDOs
- 36% of respondents are turning to new data management technology for regulatory compliance
- 52% of financial CDOs surveyed are unaware of all data gaps in their organisation
- 36% of respondents feel their data governance strategy is inadequate
- 1/3 of respondents are setting up centres of excellence to institutionalise data innovation
- Data management and machine learning are the clear winners of investment from respondents, with over 80% setting some of the budget aside for them in the coming two years
“Effective data governance has its roots in data quality and real business improvement,” remarked Chris Bannocks, Group Chief Data Officer of ING. “The strategy should support regulatory requirements whilst enabling business results.”
“With more than 9 out of 10 firms seeing relationships with fintech firms as a crucial part of their innovation roadmap, we expect to see even greater engagement and partnership across our industry in the coming years,” commented Paul White, CMO of Gresham. As a leader in enterprise data integrity, Gresham’s aim is to help organisations be confident that they meet stringent regulations and trust their data enough to use it as the kindling of innovation. As such, we are delighted to support FIMA and the information management community with this thought-provoking survey.”
You can download a copy of the survey at the Gresham website here.
About WBR Insights
At WBR Insights, we design and execute bespoke content marketing campaigns, delivering insightful content to our high-level audience all year round. We are a team of marketers, researchers and writers with a passion for content with a creative twist. From research-based whitepapers focused on your priorities, to benchmarking reports, infographics and webinars, we can help you to inform and educate your readers and reach your marketing goals at the same time. WBR Insights is part of Worldwide Business Research (WBR), the world leader in B2B focused conference events. For more information, visit https://digitaleu.wbresearch.com/